Monday, September 24, 2012

Confused, Is it Fall or is it Summer?



I am finding myself conflicted this Fall. I am loving the 85+ degree days if only to extend our swimming season and get more use out of our pool this year. I am also very much wanting to get into a holiday spirit and start the festive feel. I'm loving all the pumpkin spice scents, flavors, and scenes in all the shops. It makes me want to put on a jacket and take a walk in the park, leaves crunching beneath my every step. Then I go outside into the sweltering heat and remember I am not too far from the equator.
This year I am remembering our Pennsylvania Fall. Why that one? I have no idea. It was 11 years ago and I had never seen such vibrant color on trees in my life. While New England's Autumn does compare, it isn't quite as vibrant as what I witnessed in Pennsylvania that year. And pumpkins! Lots and lots of pumpkins! We saw pumpkins everywhere we went. On door steps, in shop windows, on street corners and in grocery stores. Fall is my favorite time of year!
Yesterday Triton and I walked past a beautiful pumpkin display in front of a grocery store. The sight of it sparked excitement and nostalgia in my soul. While it was a beautiful sight, in the 86 degree heat it definitely felt forced. So, we bought some crackers and shrimp salad and headed to the beach for a picnic. Of course, before we left the store we picked up some gourmet pumpkin spice coffee to have the next morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment