While I fight it at times there is no denying that as a mom I no longer live for myself. I exist to protect and nurture my children. To provide for them a safe environment in which they can grow and thrive. I strive to ensure that they have every opportunity that I didn't and that they know how to recognize those opportunities and grab them when they come along.
Lately, my subconscious has been telling my body when it is and when it isn't going to sleep. And while my new running hobby has certainly been instrumental in assisting in stress management, I often awaken in the night in a panic about moving my family out of this wonderful, safe, friendly, quaint little town to a sprawling metropolis complete with every imaginable atrocity afflicting humans. It's a scary thing. I definitely have the physical act of moving down to an art, organizing and executing every last detail with lightning precision. You tend to learn a few things when it becomes a way of life. Yet, there is no doubt in my mind that MOVING SUCKS!
You may have noticed that I go back and forth a lot. One day I'm happy and excited and feeling good about the move; excited to explore a new area full of history and culture and looking forward to the prospect of a nearby Trader Joe's or the like. And the next day I can't complain enough about it; the schools are bad, there's too much crime, it's too expensive, etc. You may have noticed that I go back and forth on a lot of things pertaining to military life. One day I love it, the next day I loath it. I make every effort to balance this in life but no efforts to conceal it in this blog. The reason for that is simple. The roller coaster is inevitable. The wild ride is the name of the game. And, of course, sometimes I feel the need to up the ante and take that gamble that Triton will be available to accompany us on one more family vacation in the South before the big northbound migration . Maybe that's not me, maybe that's him and his "riding on the edge" nature that has rubbed off on me a little. We are, after all, a team whether we are in the same room or on the same planet. Whether we will be lucky enough to partake in these arranged reservations I still don't know, but why not give it a shot, right? What do we have to lose but a little sleep and a little sanity?

My prayers and God's blessings to you all. Thank you for your sacrifice and spirit.
ReplyDeleteLove, besos and hugs.
Mom