
Since I've been more involved in learning about the candidates and issues this presidential election I've discovered a few things. First people get VERY emotional over politics. Second, everyone's wants, needs, and interests are different. And everyone has the opportunity to have a say in how this election will ultimately play out. Everyone has chance to cast their ballot and choose the candidate that they think will do the best for the country they ultimately choose to live in and raise their kids in and be a part of. Yes, it is a choice. The third thing that I have come to realize about this election is that no matter who is president come January 2013 the United States of America will still be the land of the free and the home of the brave. While I acknowledge there are many many brave people the world over (Malalad, Ayaan Hirsi Ali to name only a couple), they don't always have the freedom to exercise that bravery. We, on the other hand do. We have the freedom to send our kids, boys as well as girls, to school to get educated and open up their world and the possibilities within it. We have the freedom to speak out on anything that fires us up without the fear of a bullet in the head or imprisonment. We have resources at our fingertips to help us do whatever it is we set out to do. Maybe some of these resources will change here and there with different leadership, but ultimately we are and will remain a nation that believes in the mantra "Where there is a will, there is a way". I do prefer one candidate over the other and I will vote. But I know in the end, we are still the land of the free.
Good perspective. If only more people chose to exercise their right to vote.... Also, we vote every day with our dollar and fork ;) <3 U
ReplyDelete