Our collection of National Park brochures- over 90 :)
I have come to the point where I feel most in my element during a transition, especially moving. I enjoy helping people pack up their homes to be delivered to a new destination. I enjoy giving advice about how much to pay for a move-out cleaning, or how to use up just about every non perishable in your kitchen before moving day. (It's methodical and requires planning.) How do you make the move fun for everyone...or at least not a drag? How to help your kids say goodbye and look forward to a new adventure. I am constantly organizing and purging in preparation for he next move. I have a list full of phone numbers for repair men, carpet cleaners, property managers, pool guys, exterminators, anyone whose expertise will be pertinent to getting my house in rentable or sellable condition. I keep a spiral notebook to-do list:
-schedule kids farewell/Mermaid's birthday party, check
-send invitations, check
-get bathtub repaired
-mow and weed wack yard
-order Mermaid's birthday cake
-list house for rent
-get leak in pool repaired
-replace tires on car, check
-do taxes (learn about new tax laws)
-call Direct TV to disconnect
-have post office hold mail until have a new address
-possibly find a new home for turtles
-cancel gym membership, check
-schedule pack out, check
-inform kids school of last day and try to get work for kids to do in-transit so they don't fall behind
-inform insurance company of move
-fix upstairs toilet, check
-order new drawers for fridge, check
-schedule final dental appts, check
-research housing/neighborhoods/schools in DC (ongoing)
-look into Career Step for Military Spouses
The list goes on. I check each off as they get done adding to it as needed. It's a perpetual list that continues long after we have settled in to our new home. In fact, I have come across lists from previous moves and duty stations years later. They provide a short trip down memory lane. I should start putting them in a scrapbook. How else will I possible remember all that we have done? The level of productivity during PCS time is astounding. And I love most every minute of it. Don't get me wrong, it is absolutely stressful and challenging, but this is the time when I feel what I do is valuable. And each new move presents a fresh set of hurdles. Maybe I enjoy it because I get to check five things off my to-do list each day resulting in a mental state of triumph by days end.
Enough about what gets me fired up about moving. There are some definite difficulties that I'd rather live without due to frequent moves as well. For instance, saying goodbye to friends who have grown to be more like family. But I know, in my heart, that we will continue to be in each others lives even if not directly. Or the added difficulty of professional progress. This definitely requires extra effort and creativity. But I know so many awesome mil spouses who are thriving in this area. They give me inspiration. Right now I seem to be in a good place with our current transition and I look forward to each new day.
I also look forward to my new coping strategy, running. It has been instrumental in helping me keep perspective. It helps me to feel like I continue to accomplish on the days I would otherwise feel I was just spinning my wheels. Running helps me to see things I otherwise wouldn't. It focuses my mind when I need it and it helps me to wind down when my brain tries to prevent calm.
Amid all this organized chaos I make a deliberate effort to keep life for the kids as normal as possible. Yes, they know we are moving, but a week to a kid is different than a week to an adult. For me this time will fly by in the blink of an eye. To them, they still have tons of time here. So I want them to suck every bit of normalcy and enjoyment out of where they are. They will continue to make lasting Georgia memories until the minute we pull away from our Georgia home for good. And then, we will start to make new memories for the next chapter. We will miss our home here. We will miss our friends here. We will miss our schools, and daily activities here. But, gradually, we will develop new routines and support systems. A new normal will unfold. Our Georgia friends, home, and activities will remain a part of our lives, layered into the sediment of our legacy. Who knows, we may end up back here some day.
...again


I can't tell you how fast you will see results because it depends on how much you want to get rid of acne. In order to reassure yourself that your moles are safe from cancer, you would have to reinforces your observation by a doctor's diagnosis.
ReplyDeleteOthers think tanning and sunning themselves will dry up their skin and pimples to
eliminate their acne.
Here is my page: Wart Removal
Then it is important to apply general amount involving any medical cream like Clearasil on your own
ReplyDeleteface. As a word of caution you should also never try to manually remove the warts yourself, as that can lead to the virus spreading.
There are a wide range of self tanners to choose from at department
stores, but why not treat yourself to a spray tan at your nearest tanning salon.
my blog ... Wart Removal