Friday, January 11, 2013

Little Things


I guess you can go on with life, eventually adjusting to having a huge chunk out of place. You tend to get use to the void, and small things can substitute temporarily  Like a letter tacked to the wall above your night stand, or seeing a video of him that was made before he left. The roses that he arranged to be sent just at the right moment when you seem to need the connection the most. These little things help during the stretches where there is no communication.
This morning I walked into our closet to pick out my attire for the day. I looked at his side full of uniforms, shirts, and jeans. Then I buried my face in his hung up wardrobe hoping to get just a whiff that would remind me. As I stood there, eyes closed, deeply breathing his essence into my lungs, images came flooding back. One, then another, and another. Such a small thing that can light up my day!

1 comment:

  1. Hija,

    What a beautiful picture and more beautiful words from your heart. I love you both more for loving each other. I keep you all in my thoughts and prayers.

    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete