As I climb my way out of this wonderland I slowly become aware of the toll this magical time of year has taken on my body and I find myself plotting my return to power. I take mental notes as I ascend the walls to a brand new year. I take stock of the events of the past one and make plans for the new one. First on the list is getting myself back into fighting shape. Empty the cupboards of sugar laden goodies and fill them with healthy fuel. Also, I plan to plan meals again. I find it so much easier to stay on track health-wise and life-wise when i plan meals. And now that my broken toe is finally healed i can get out there and rebuild my strength and stamina. While the elliptical has been good to me, it's just not the same as being out there on the running trail.
We are faced with many new beginnings heading into 2013. We will be headed to a new city, new jobs; the kids to new schools, sports teams, and clubs; meeting new friends and getting reacquainted with old ones; discovering new hobbies and seeing new sights. It's time to start researching the many different cities, towns, and neighborhoods in and around Washington DC that will eventually result in our new residence. I don't use the word "home" because throughout this journey I've found that "home" is not a place or a thing that I can touch. Home is the five of us together. It's as simple as that. Whatever we're doing, wherever we are, if we are together, then I'm home.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
.jpg)
I'm with you! I had to toss grapes today because they were shriveled - we usually run out before they get a chance! The grapes may be shriveled but I'm certainly plump...
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year!