I must be in the philosophical phase of acceptance... or defiance. A PCS move is imminent. While I am very much looking forward to the next chapter, I'm just not ready to close the book on this one. Maybe it's the sight of our Christmas tree showcasing fifteen years of memories glowing in the corner of this house we have made our home. Or, maybe, it's the closeness of the kids group in this cul-de-sac that my children have wriggled their way into, spending countless hours riding bikes and kicking soccer balls. Maybe it's this incredible school system that we have been lucky enough to benefit from, or the endless supply of country roads I haven't yet run on. Maybe it's because we are close enough to some of our family to visit a couple times a year via a short road trip. Maybe it's because I have accelerated my real estate endeavors here resulting in us owning three houses in this town. Maybe I fear that the grass won't be greener on the other side this time; that the grass will be brown and dying and that there will be a drought and I won't be able to water it.
The promise that this move holds for us regardless of the destination is that our family will be intact again. After more than three long years in two different duty stations of Triton working longer hours than most people can imagine is possible, interspersed with a few deployments of varying length, he will have the opportunity to be a consistent part of his own life. It will be an adjustment for all of us. One that I am looking forward to. After all, it will be nice to have my best friend regularly accessible.

This post made me cry. All the things you are grateful for here, are because your family jumps into life and gets involved. Your new home will be no different. Your family created your life here. There are friends to meet and adventures to take. I will miss you dearly and will stay in touch. I am hoping to sail through the middle school with the girls together.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the encouragement. We will miss you all too!
ReplyDelete